Students have the option to either enroll in a thesis option or a project option to complete their degree requirements. The program requires 10 compulsory credit hours for the thesis option and 13 compulsory credit hours for the project option. Students in the thesis options are required to choose 12 elective credit hours from the courses provided by the program. Students in the project option are required to complete 21 elective credit hours as well as taking the comprehensive examination.
Graduate Program Educational Objectives
- Students acquire deep understanding and skills in a broad range of computer science
- Students are prepared to pursue a Ph.D. degree, solve research problems, and produce
high-quality publications in a computer science area.
- Students are engaged in life-long learning, continuously seek professional
development, and promote technological advancement.
Graduate Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform independent investigations to identify research problems and analyze the
- Identify and analyze computer science theoretical and applied research problems and
develop novel solution approaches.
- Design, implement, and evaluate computing-based solutions to meet a given set of
- Perform systematic experimental evaluations or rigorous analysis to develop evidence
on the correctness of solutions.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate
to the program’s discipline.
To apply for the graduate program in computer science, please follow announcements by the College of Graduate Studies at Kuwait University. All final admission decisions are made by the College of Graduate Studies.
|0418–512||Automata and Formal Languages|
|0418–513||Theory of Complexity|
|0418–590||Research Seminar in Computer Science|
|0418–593||Project (non-thesis option only)|
|0418–597, 598, 599||Thesis (Thesis Option Only)|
|0418–511||Algebraic Structures and Logic|
|0418–514||Principles of Programming Languages|
|0418–515||Program Specification and Verification|
|0418–526||Advanced Computer Networks|
|0418–536||Advanced Computer Graphics|
|0418–541||Advanced Artificial Intelligence|
|0418–542||Scientific Computing: Mathematical Models and Algorithms|
|0418–543||Advanced Numerical Computing|
|0418–545||Computer Systems Architecture|
|0418–546||Design of Microprocessor–based Systems|
|0418–547||Modeling and Computer Simulation|
|0418–551||Introduction to Cryptography|
|0418–554||Wireless and Mobile Networks|
|0418–555||Design and Test of Digital Systems|
|0418–561||Systems & Network Security|
|0418–563||Data Protection & Privacy|
|0418–567||Algorithms for Optimization|
|0418–580||Topics in Computer Science|