The Computer Science department at the College of Sciences, Kuwait University offers an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and a Masters degree in Computer Science. The Computer Science Department aspires to be an outstanding academic institution for teaching and research in computing. The department is to be the best locally, one of the leading Computer Science departments in the region, and recognized internationally.
The Department’s Mission
- The Computer Science Department provides an internationally-recognized Computer Science education at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The department is committed to preparing its graduates for a productive career in the realm of computing. Computer Science graduates are prepared for both industrial and academic careers in public or private sectors.
- The department provides the potential for its graduates to continue their study at a higher level in highly reputable universities.
- The graduates of the department are prepared to serve the state of Kuwait and the region and to be the future leaders for technological advancement in all computer science related areas.
- The department offers the means, support, and atmosphere for its faculty and staff to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
- The department participates in developing the society through providing professional training and services, community service programs and interdisciplinary programs. The department emphasizes on all levels of ethical responsibilities to the profession and society.
The Computer Science program is accredited by the ABET computing accreditation commission, a leading international accreditation agency.